ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards
Kentuckiana Ford Dealers ARCA 200
Salem Speedway (April 30, 2017)
Race: 3 of 20
Crew Chief: Bryan Berry
Primary Sponsor(s): Holmes II Excavation / Veterans Oil
Engine: ARCA Ilmor 396
2017 Driver Points: 5th (365 pts.)
2017 Owners Points: 7th (365 pts.)
Sound Clip – Bret Holmes:
Bret, 13th place finish at Nashville, what conclusions did you draw from that race?
“It could have been a much better race than it turned out to be. We feel like we just missed on the setup that created a very tight car that would just not loosen up. I feel like we just couldn’t break through during the race and that is what kept us from a better finish. We are happy we made it through the race without any damage though, there was a lot of torn up race cars out there.”
Going into the race this weekend at Salem, what are your biggest goals for yourself and the team?
“We have to be more consistent. I feel like we have good equipment coming to the tracks, but we just have to get over that wall that is keeping us from getting into Victory Lane. I know we are capable of winning multiple races this season, we just need to execute. This weekend will be no different than last week or next week; our goal is to win.
Salem is obviously the next race up, but how much is the race at Talladega in the back of your mind?
“Salem is where our focus is currently, but the quick turnaround does create some interesting logistics. We have some guys going to Salem on Friday morning and some guys flying in that evening so they can get another day in the shop prepping the speedway car. It takes some multi-tasking in this series to be successful, but we are more than prepared for our race this weekend and our homecoming at Talladega on May 5th.”
The Highlight Reel:
- Holmes looks to improve on last season’s career-best finish at Salem – Holmes has run once at Salem Speedway in his young ARCA career; coming home 3rd in last fall’s Eddie Gilstrap Motors Fall Classic. Holmes will be using the same car from a season ago this weekend in Indiana.
- Salem Test – BHR spent the better part of last Wednesday at Salem Speedway testing for this weekend’s event. Holmes and Crew Chief, Bryan Berry were impressed by results that placed the No.23 atop the speed charts and in line for being a favorite this weekend. Holmes, before last week, had never tested at Salem.
- Talladega week will be one for the record books – Holmes homecoming to Talladega on May 5th (his 20th birthday) is already shaping up to be very exciting for the Munford, AL native. Ticket requests and fan support have been through the roof over the past few weeks as fans, friends and family look to welcome home Alabama’s favorite racing son next week. For more information regarding ticket sales for the General Tire 200 at Talladega, call 1-877-GO-2-DEGA or visit their website at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
Bret Holmes 2017 ARCA Season Stats:
- Starts: 2 (2 of 20)
- Wins: 0 (0.0%)
- Top-5 Finishes: 0 (0.0%)
- Top-10 Finishes: 1 (50.0%)
- Best Start: 5th (Nashville)
- Best Finish: 6th (Daytona)
- Laps Completed: 275 of 275 (100.0%)
- Laps Led: 0
- Average Start: 9.5
- Average Finish: 9.5
- DNF: 0
About Bret Holmes Racing: Bret Holmes Racing is an Alabama-based ARCA racing team that operates out of Munford, AL and Statesville, N.C. while still holding true to its traditional southern roots. Founded by Stacy Holmes, of Holmes II Excavation in Munford, the team sticks to its good nature and solid values to put the best product on and off the track with its driver Bret Holmes.