Daniel Dye, No. 43 Carolina Custom GMS Racing Chevrolet
- Daniel Dye has no prior starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway
2022 ARCA Menards Series Stats
- Starts: 4
- Top 5’s: 3
- Top 10’s: 3
- Poles: 0
- Avg Finish: 6.3
- Daniel Dye will make his first career start at the 1.5-mile Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday, driving the GMS Racing No. 43 Carolina Custom Chevrolet.
- The No. 43 Chevy driven by Dye is one of just two competitors to have completed every lap (402) of ARCA competition this season. Daniel has been the race leader for 32 of those laps.
- Dye graduated from Father Lopez Catholic High School in Daytona Beach, Florida, during the off-week (May 21), and will set his sights on attending Daytona State College this fall.
- DD has 18 career ARCA Menards Series starts, earning one victory (Berlin Raceway, 2021) and numerous top-five and top-ten finishes.
- Crew Chief Chad Bryant will call the shots from the pit box for Dye, and Derek Kneeland will spot the No. 43.
- The General Tire 150 is set for 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, May 27. The race will be televised live on FS1 and broadcast on select affiliates of the Motor Racing Network, Sirius XM Satellite Radio, and MRN.com. Additionally, the race will be streamed through the FOX Sports App.
- Behind-the-scenes updates and content will be posted to Daniel’s Twitter account on race day, @danieldye43.
“I’ve heard a lot about how challenging Charlotte is to race at, with its unique characteristics and bumps, especially in turns three and four. I have done my homework and research in preparation for Friday’s race, and I’m confident the GMS guys will bring us a fast Carolina Custom number 43 to run up front with. We’ve been really good at every event so far this season, and I believe a win is right around the corner.”
ABOUT GMS RACING
GMS Racing competes full-time in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series operating the No. 23 and the No. 24 Chevrolet Silverado RSTs, as well as the ARCA Menards Series with the No. 43 Chevrolet SS. Since the team was formed in 2012, GMS Racing has won five titles across multiple series, including the 2016 and 2020 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship, the 2015 ARCA Menards Series championship, as well as the 2019 & 2020 ARCA Menards Series East championships. GMS has grown to occupy several buildings located in Statesville, N.C. including operations for GMS Fabrication. The GMS Racing campus also houses operations for Petty GMS, a two car full-time NASCAR Cup Series team formed in 2021.
To keep up-to-date with the latest news, information and exclusive content, follow GMS Racing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.