CONCORD, NC | AUGUST 31, 2020
ARCA Menards Series
Dutch Boy 150
Worldwide Technology Raceway at Gateway
August 29, 2020
- Saturday’s Dutch Boy 150 was the 13th race of the 2020 ARCA Menards Series season and marked the seventh of 10 Sioux Chief Showdown races.
- Venturini Motorsports (VMS) fielded three Toyota Camry’s for both events: No. 15 Drew Dollar, No. 20 Chandler Smith and No. 25 Michael Self.
- Officials held a modified practice session, allowing groups of seven five-minutes on track. At the conclusion Self was second, Dollar 10th and Smith 11th.
- Using 2020 Sioux Chief Owner’s Points, the field was set, Self rolled off first, Smith second and Dollar ninth.
- Green flag in the air, everyone settled into their respective positions with Self leading the first 11-laps.
- Caution for break one on lap-41 allowed everyone to hit pit road for the first time. All three VMS drivers called for a round of adjustments to help the handling.
- Back underway, the trio once again settled in and set their sights back on the leader. Working traffic on the notoriously tough to pass track, made track position a commodity all day.
- Shortly after the second break, Self was involved in a spin bringing out the caution on lap-103. Suffering heavy damage, the No. 25 team worked to get him back on track.
- Dollar cracked into the top-10 right after the caution and set his sights on the top-five, staking his claim on lap-110. The last 10-laps became a shootout, with positions jockeying all around. When the checkered flag flew, Smith came home second, Dollar seventh and Self 15th.
- On deck next for VMS is the ARCA Menards Series race at the Missouri’s Lebanon I-44 Speedway, on Saturday, September 5th. The team will field Toyota entries for: No. 15 Drew Dollar, No. 20 Chandler Smith and No. 25 Michael Self.
Drew Dollar No. 15 Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Camry
“I feel like I should have done a better job for my team at Gateway (WWT). I felt like I made too many mistakes and gave up a good finish. Our Sunbelt Rentals Camry was solid all day and the adjustments helped us get better through the race. Overall, I’m able to learn a lot from this weekend and continue to improve.”
Start – 9 Finish – 7 Points – 3rd
Chandler Smith No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
“Runner-up finish was good for my JBL guys, but it’s not what we wanted. We show up to win races and that’s what we need to do. My Venturini Motorsports guys work hard to provide me with fast Camry’s and I’m looking forward to going to I-44 Speedway.”
Start – 2 Finish – 2
Michael Self No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
“Rough finish to what started as a decent day. All on me. Just made a mistake and got out of the groove and lost control. On the bright side, we made some positive gains on the setup side and the Venturini Motorsports Sinclair Oil crew guys made solid changes throughout the race. On to I-44 Speedway.”
Start – 1 Finish – 15 Points – 1st