Saturday, July 31
Track: Winchester Speedway, .5-mile oval
Race: 12 of 20
Event: Calypso Lemonade 200 (200 laps, 100 miles)
Taylor Gray, No. 17 Ripper Coffee Ford Fusion
- Gray qualified fifth for the Calypso Lemonade 200. A caution on lap 34 for a spinning car moved him into fourth, where he would stay until the competition caution waved on lap 75.
- The driver reported he was sliding the tires too much and the team would pit for right-side tires, fuel and trackbar adjustments to gear up for the next 50 laps.
- After restarting in fourth, the Ford driver quickly moved into third. Contact with the 21 resulted in a red flag on lap 84 and the No. 17 Fusion sustained damage to the left front fender.
- Gray settled into fifth when the race resumed and was running there when the second competition caution came out on lap 125.
- A four-tire pit stop and damage repair by the Ripper Coffee crew was in order during the break and Gray restarted in fifth.
- The 16 year old was running in fourth when caution waved with two laps remaining to set up a green-white-checkered finish. He would battle hard on the restart and bring home a fifth-place result.
Thad Moffitt, No. 46 Clean Harbors Ford Fusion
- Moffitt earned the 10th starting position for his first ever race at Winchester Speedway.
- A caution on lap 34 saw the No. 46 up to the eighth position. He would restart in seventh and advance one additional spot to sixth before the competition caution on lap 75.
- The team made a two-tire stop with fuel and adjustments to help with center turn and restarted the second stage in sixth.
- The Clean Harbors Fusion moved into fifth on the restart and after the lap 84 red flag, took command of the third position.
- During the second competition caution, the team changed four tires and added fuel. On the restart, the Clean Harbors Fusion would settle into fifth.
- A yellow with two laps remaining set up a green-white-checkered finish and Moffitt would drive to a fourth-place run.
Next event: Clean Harbors 100 at Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, New York on August 6 at 6 p.m. ET.